Quickly turn the things in your world into 3D models that you can modify, improve, share, and 3D print.
With just two clicks, the MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner’s simple yet sophisticated software creates clean, watertight 3D models that are ready to 3D print. MakerBot have optimized the whole process to work seamlessly with MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printers, but you get standard design files to use on the 3D printer of your choice. You don’t need any design or 3D modeling skills to get started, and it all happens in just minutes.
When you scan an object, you give it a brand new life in the digital world. The MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner outputs standard 3D file formats so that you can improve, shape, mold, twist, animate, and transform objects in a third-party 3D modeling program.
Behind the two-click simplicity is a powerful and complex reconstruction process. MakerWare for Digitizer contains an algorithm that connects hundreds of thousands of points into a seamless digital mesh in just seconds. There’s no patching, stitching, or repairing required, so you can skip straight to your creative process. MakerBot have worked hard to create software that saves you time.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IT?
- Jumpstart a 3D design Take shapes from the real world directly into a 3D design.
- Solidify Create something out of a soft material like clay, and turn it into a durable plastic piece through 3D printing.
- Copy Scan something then print a “blank” version of it that you can finish or paint.
- Share Send shapes around the world. Scan an ancient artifact and share it with a colleague.
- Reimagine Turn a treasured thing into something new. Create a piece of jewelry inspired by your favorite vase.
- Save Build a 3D reference library of shapes and objects you love; and save your child’s clay sculpture, too.
- Scan size: Up to 20.3 cm diameter x 20.3 cm high (8 in. x 8 in.)
- Maximum weight on turntable: 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
- Dimensional accuracy: ± 2.0 mm (± 0.079 in.)
- Detail resolution: 0.5 mm (0.197 in.)
- Triangles per 3D model: Approx. 200K, depending on cropping
- Scan speed: Approx. 12 minutes, depending on computer speed
- Steps per rotation: 800 per rotation; 1600 steps per complete scan
- Included Software: MakerWare for Digitizer
- Lasers: Two eye-safe Class 1 lasers
- Camera: 1.3 megapixel high-definition camera
- Enclosure material: Injection-molded ABS enclosure
- Connectivity: USB connection (cable included)
- Optimal Light Conditions: Operates in artificial indoor light
- Product Dimension: 47.5 cm (l) x 20.3 cm (h) x 41.1 cm (w) [18.7 in. x 8.0 in x 16.2 in.]
- Shipping Dimensions: 52.1 cm (l) x 24.4 cm (h) x 47.0 cm (w) [20.5 in. x 9.6 in. x 18.5 in.]
- Weight: 2.1 kg (4.7 lbs.)
- Shipping Weight: 5.0 kg (11.0 lbs.)
- Storage temperature: 0°-55° C (32°-90° F)
A state of the Art product thats a must for all 3D Printing enthusiasts!
MakerBot Digitizer Scanner
- Product Code: RO-371
- Availability: On-Demand
- Ex Tax: 878.05€